Monday, October 03, 2022

covering all sorts of cravings

Most times whenever I make something, I get greedy and want to be able to cover all sorts of cravings all at once.

Like making this garlic cheese boule, I also wanted to try "Korean garlic bread"

According to what I've seen online since I’d never tried it before, "korean garlic bread" has a sweet cream cheese filling in it.

So, I bought a boule, sliced it to make it a "pull apart", stuffed it with 2 cloves minced garlic, some butter (couple of dabs), some olive oil (1 tablespoon) and shredded cheese (about 50 grams).

My bread knife sucks, so it was hard to cut this boule without smooshing it.

I baked it in a 350F (180C) oven for 30 minutes covered, then took the foil off and toasted it for 5 minutes.

Online I also saw how someone blended cottage cheese with some sugar and lemon to make a "sweetened cream cheese".

I thought this was interesting plus you can apparently get more protein from this concoction than actual cream cheese...

So I blended cottage cheese (200 grams) with 2 tablespoons sugar, zest of 1/2 a lemon and the juice.

It was my first time buying cottage cheese in Japan. 

I had envisioned the cottage cheese to be more liquidy when I opened it, but it wasn't, so when I tried to blend it, it took a while and didn't get smooth like cream cheese.

I think I need to add a little milk next time.

Instead of putting the sweet cream cheese into the garlic bread, we just used it as a spread while eating the garlic bread.

Overall though, Satoshi loved this, it was definitely worth trying.

I'll make this again adding a little more shredded cheese next time.

6 comments:

KirkK said...

Interesting Kat. Glad Satoshi liked it!

jalna said...

Looks awesome!

Anonymous said...

oh, this is way more complicated than my cheesy pull apart bread but sounds so delish so worth it! I should try, just to change things up a bit.
Mine is just slice crosscuts in the loaf, sprinkle lots of shredded cheese between the slices and drizzle melted butter and bake same as your method. I usually add bacon bits and sprinkle some dried chili pepper (the pizza kind) too.
v

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Thanks Jalna :)

You should try with the garlic, V :)

Take care everyone!
Kat

Rowena said...

garlic and sweet lemony cream cheese sounds so bizarre but I think I'd actually like it!

K and S said...

Rowena, if you try it, I hope you like it :)

Take care!
Kat