Saturday, June 08, 2024

9245

Been a pandemic and then some since I've been back to Shin Okubo

On that first visit, I checked out the Indian grocery and food shops, this time I went to check out the Korean and Asian shops
 

Tokyu Kabukicho Tower
Puchi Pura Cosme (excuse my finger)
Wanted to check out the tiny knit bags that they sell here
Saw Asia Super Store on social media and wanted to check them out too
Lots of different asian snacks and foods
Yes Mart changed their name to Top Mart
all things Korean here
Bought a bulgogi kimbap for lunch...800 yen (tax included)
so much sensory overload in this area
Bummed I cannot read Korean even if I'm studying it
Want to have bingsu (shaved ice) next time.

It’s a relatively short walk from Shinjuku to Shin Okubo so next time I’ll try walking this route

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

even the pedestrians in your pictures look so international. I walked through before but thought it had more of a Korean presence. hat might have been 10 years ago. Had some yakiniku at a Korean restaurant.
Kinda shocking to see the price of the kimbap. I guess if converted to US$ that's how much we pay here, around $5. Looks really good though.
v

K and S said...

lots of Koreans walking around this part of Shin Okubo V!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Cool area.

K and S said...

thanks Jalna, hope to go back :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks like a nice area to shop and explore!

K and S said...

it really was nice to explore Kirk

Take care.
Kat