Saturday, June 29, 2024

easy pupu

I saw this photo in one of my news feeds and had to try making this.

(photo from the internet)
 

for 1 or 2 servings:
180-200 grams maguro (tuna) kiriotoshi (bits)
1.5 tablespoons shio konbu (or more if you wish) (sometimes called shiofuki konbu)
1 teaspoon sesame oil
1 teaspoon sesame seeds

Mix everything in a bowl and serve

NOTES: this was delicious

I like that this recipe uses sashimi bits, the “bits” are the parts leftover after they slice the fish for “real” sashimi the quality is still there, just that the pieces are not so big

In Japan, meats are also sold this way, and is usually cheaper

I didn't have shio konbu, so I just used the hijiki furikake that I had

And didn't use the full amount of furikake/konbu that the recipe called for just 1 teaspoon

Instead of mixing it with the other ingredients, I just layered everything onto the plate

I think this would be good with a sashimi assortment, so I want to try this again.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

This actually looks good, like something I would try! Small pieces!
v

K and S said...

if you try this I hope you enjoy this V!

Take care.
Kat