Saturday, January 07, 2006

apples...lunch

I had a lesson today, so I met Satoshi in Umeda afterwards. We had lunch at a cafe called La Maison Marina de Bourbon. The cafe was very nice and the food was good. I had a pastrami wrap with cottage cheese and avocado. The tea I chose was a vanilla flavored tea. It was really fragrant. (UPDATE: 2011 this restaurant is now closed)

For tonight's dessert I decided to try my hand at Apple Crisp. We had so many apples and then received some more and there is only so much you can eat for breakfast...so, this is how it came out. I topped it with vanilla ice cream....I cut the recipe down a bit because my oven isn't big enough for a 2-quart baking dish, plus I don't have one. :) It tasted great!!


Ingredients:
6 medium (6 cups) apples, peeled, cored, sliced
3/4 cup firmly packed brown sugar
3/4 cup uncooked old-fashioned oats
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 cup Land O' Lakes Butter
Vanilla ice cream, if desired
Instructions:Heat oven to 375F (190C). Place apples in ungreased 2-quart baking dish. Combine brown sugar, oats, flour and cinnamon in medium bowl; cut in butter with pastry blender or fork until mixture resembles coarse crumbs. Sprinkle sugar mixture over apples. Bake for 25 to 35 minutes or until apples are tender and topping is golden brown. Serve warm with ice cream, if desired.

No comments: