Saturday, June 03, 2006

happy birthday!

Today is Satoshi's birthday. Since we moved to Japan, I've been baking him a sponge cake with whipped cream and strawberries (mainly because the cost to buy a whole cake is quite outrageous!)

The box cake mix that I buy is often iffy-- sometimes it comes out hard, sometimes just right. Today's cake was no different, very hard on the bottom and light and fluffy on top. After I use up this box (there are two packets when you buy it), I'll try making it from scratch (since I got a recipe off the flour package.)

Here's the birthday boy!

I leave you with some photos of our second trip to Aramaki Rose Garden. We went back this past Wednesday.

Hope you are enjoying the weekend!

8 comments:

bourgogne said...

誕生日おめでとう, satoshi! (hb)

that cake looks so yum.

K and S said...

Thanks Bourgogne,

I'll pass on your birthday wishes to Satoshi!

Take care and enjoy your weekend!

Kat

Anonymous said...

Even if you were not wholly pleased with the results, the cake looks wonderful! I LOVE that fat layer of whipped cream in the middle!

Happy birthday to Satoshi! (You lucky girl, Kat ... He's a cutie!)

K and S said...

Thanks Tania!!

Hope you enjoyed your weekend.

Will give Satoshi your birthday wishes.

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Awwwwww ... happy birthday to Satoshi!

K and S said...

Hi Ivonne,

Thanks again. Will pass on your wishes to Satoshi.

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat - send my belated birthday wishes to Satoshi! I'm sure he's very proud of his lovely wife :)

K and S said...

Hi Keiko,

Will do! Thanks for the kind comments.

Take care and thanks for stopping by.

Kat