Wednesday, January 24, 2007

more chocolatey finds

Whenever I read other food blogs, not only am I interested in the delicious things bloggers are creating, I am also interested to see what chocolatey things are trendy or what others are sampling and I take notes.

For example, Paris Breakfasts' blog had Les Confitures a l'Ancienne's cocoa on her wishlist and had watercolored Pralus' Pyramide des Tropique. Chocolate Obsession's blog reviewed Dolfin and recently on Cream Puffs in Venice--a scrumptious tart using Amedei....yum!

On my way home from lunch today, I stopped in at the Honolulu Chocolate Company and got lucky--they had Les Confitures a l'Ancienne cocoa in individual packets--35% cacao, natural vanilla and unrefined brown cane sugar,

Pralus' mini Pyramide des Tropique--10-5g tastes of 75%cacao from places like Ghana, Madagascar, Tanzania and Sao Tome, just to name a few...

a neapolitan sampler from Dolfin--mostly dark chocolates--flavored with earl grey, anise, cumin & ginger. There was also some milk types flavored with cinnamon, orange and some 70% & 88% dark.

and Amedei neapolitans--Chuao and 9....wow!

I think most of these may not be able to wait until I get back to Osaka to sample...

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

What heavenly finds you've made! I'm stuck with Lindt...lucky you stay in Hawaii!

Parisbreakfasts said...

What a feast you have there!
And all in nice bite size piece, made to last. I add to the L'Ancienne real cocoa + sugar + plua a piece of chocolate to enrich the flavor :)

K and S said...

Thanks Rowena!

Thanks for your tip, Carol.

Take care you two!
Kat

Anonymous said...

We wish you a happy day with your blog :)

Anonymous said...

I didn't know that how much you are obsessed with chocolate. :)

Jann said...

It looks as though you have hit the jackpot with all you finds-my goodness!

K and S said...

Thanks Elmin!

Now you know, Sue :)

Definitely hit the jackpot, Jann!

Take care everyone.

Kat

Anonymous said...

Wow! I have to mark this chocolate store down to visit when I'm in Honolulu!

K and S said...

I hope you get a chance to stop in, Monique!

Take care.
Kat