Monday, January 15, 2007

simple, but good



The weather has been quite cold over the past couple of days. I wanted to make a warm treat, but something not too sweet...

Rice pudding.

Last Halloween, I tried making Pierre Herme's version of it. And while going through the blogs that I read daily, I have also been seeing posts about rice pudding, especially here.

For our dessert last night, I decided to make a "new" version and top it with the chocaviar that I just bought.

I used part of Cream Puffs' recipe, but I didn't put the second addition of butter or sugar. I also added a little cinnamon, cardamom and allspice at the end. Topping it with the chocaviar was a good idea, the bitterness from the chocolate brought the sweetness down. Plus, stirring it into the warm pudding, the chocolatey aroma mixed with the spices and it was heavenly!

Very simple, but oh so good! I think the next time, I want to add some nuts and dried fruits.


Hope you have a great week!

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow, Kat! That looks amazing! And I just love the chocaviar ... good idea to not put in the extra sugar.

I hope you enjoyed every bit!

Anonymous said...

I bet it must been so good. I can imagine the smell of chocaviar when it melts into the pudding.
Delicious!

Jann said...

I adore any home-made rice pudding!Hope it was delicious!

bourgogne said...

pretty photo. you've made me hungry for rice pudding now!

K and S said...

Thanks Ivonne, Sue, Jann & Bourgogne! It was delish!

Take care.

Kat

Anonymous said...

To be honest, I'm really not a rice pudding fan, but your delicious description of what went inside makes me think I'd love a taste of yours :)