Wednesday, July 18, 2007

leftovers

You ever have a craving for something and then when you go to eat it, the place is either closed or not in business? That is what happened to me for lunch today. I was so bummed that I wandered around for an hour or so aimlessly, trying to figure out what I should eat. (sad, yeah?)

Changing the subject, after I posted yesterday, Nate emailed me to say that my mom's recipe was similar to Big Way Burger's spareribs--a local eatery in Hawaii. I then googled them and found this article in the Honolulu Star-Bulletin, a local newspaper.

The article mentioned serving the ribs with kim chee and rice...luckily, I had some kim chee in my refrig...dinner is served!

4 comments:

OkiHwn said...

Now that looks really, really ono!

But bad news - Big-Way Burger has closed!

Shucks!

K and S said...

oh boo! and I wanted to check them out the next time I was home...oh well, guess I'll just have to make this again some time.

Thanks Nate, take care.
Kat

OkiHwn said...

But how was the ribs with the kim chee? OK?

K and S said...

Good Nate, but the gravy over powers the kim chee. I think over the shredded cabbage only would have been enough :)

Take care.
Kat