Friday, October 15, 2010

origami

One thing that I had on my "to buy" list when I went to Tokyo was Starbucks' new portable coffee filters called Origami.

Origami is literally folded paper in Japanese, so this naming is perfect for this product.

They have 3 types, Breakfast Blend, House Blend & Espresso Roast.

I was interested in trying Espresso because I figured the other two were light roasts and I prefer dark roasts.

This item is not sold at Starbucks but can be found in convenience stores, high-end grocery stores, and their gift sets can be found in department stores.

I found all three "flavors" at Seijo Ishii in Marunouchi, a high-end grocery store.

From what I saw, the price can range between 512 yen to 478 yen (about US$5.12 to $4.78)...for 1 box (5 packets).

This foldable filter is a bit bulkier than what I've tried in the past, but does make a good cup of coffee.

Right now, you can only find this in Tokyo and some areas surrounding Tokyo, I hope they will sell this in Osaka in the coming days.

It is Friday, boy the week flew by! Hope you have a great weekend.

UPDATE: March 2011, saw that Seijo Ishii in Osaka is selling these!

10 comments:

Jude said...

There are always so many cooler products to envy in Japan than outside it! This looks perfect for so many of those hurried mornings or prepping coffee in the office-with-no-kitchen...

Rowena said...

Starbuck's Origami? Now I've seen it all - too cute!

K and S said...

these are definitely great for no-kitchen or on the road Jude :)

Rowena, I should've bought 2 boxes, I'm already out :(

Take care you two.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Very fun--SBUX Japan always has the best stuff!
;-)

K and S said...

fun indeed Debinhawaii :)

Take care.
Kat

Dennis K. said...

I heart Japanese packaging.. I wonder if the product will make its way here to the states.. Well it should! ;)

K and S said...

That would be cool Dennis because I've never seen these portable types in the States :)

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

That is so neat!

Joyti said...

Thats a rather cute idea for Starbucks. Too bad I'm not a fan of their actual coffee :(

K and S said...

I think it would be great for travel Jalna :)

I don't normally like their coffee too Indie, but it is one of the only places in Japan that doesn't allow smoking :)

Take care you two.
Kat