Saturday, October 09, 2010

nostalgia

The other time we visited MIL, she brought out some old baseball shoes...they were Satoshi's.

From like when he played little league...many, MANY moons ago.

Why she still has these things? Don't ask, I think there are some pack-rat issues...sigh.

These were made by Mitsuwa Tiger in Osaka. I don't think they make baseball shoes anymore but still do make some sports items.

Satoshi's favorite part of these shoes were these flip over tongues to protect your laces.

Another thing that was really old was his Spalding shoe bag, it had a nice zipper pull.

I wish my MIL and Satoshi would get rid of more things, and yet I'm glad we were able to take some photos of his things. (but I still want them to get rid of more things...)

10 comments:

Jude said...

Oh boy, we wrestle with so many pack rat issues with my parents. It is nice to hold on to a few things - but hope you'll be able to reduce the bulk!

P.S. Yes, I do hope my friend shares her homemade ginger beer recipe soon - and then I can share it all around! :)

gtrine said...

Hahaha. I feel the exact same way around here! Mike LOVES to keep things and he still has notebooks from his childhood.

Anonymous said...

You never know. They might be worth bucks to collectors. Ebay!!!!! LOL

OkiHwn said...

I remember those kind of shoes with the large flap. Same kind I had. That was a long time ago.

Deb in Hawaii said...

It's a fine balance between saving enough (of the good stuff!) and saving too much. ;-)

jalna said...

Ummm . . . okay, okay, I admit it . . . my son is 29 years old, but I still have his gradeschool notebooks. I just can't throw them out. . . his small-kid writing is soooo cute, I go "awwwww" when I look at it.

Jenster said...

Yes, my MIL saves everything, too, down the the little baby plastic hangers she used when her kids were little. She even saved an old notebook my husband used when he was little. On the front page, he had written, "Linda (his older sister) is poop." That gave us a good laugh.

I don't know where these people store everything! It was fun to look at some of Satoshi's old stuff, though.

KirkK said...

Hey Kat - When my Mom passed away, I had to clean out her things.... and indeed she was a pack rat of sorts. Still, there were items I found which captured a snapshot in time.... and I could understand why she kept them.

K and S said...

cutting down on the bulk will be a challenge Jude :)

hopefully he doesn't have too many notebooks Gtrine :)

Anon, but if you never put them on eBay, you'll never know :)

long ago indeed Nate

so true Debinhawaii

okay you sound a little like my MIL Jalna :)

the thing is that Satoshi room still looks like he lives there Jenster :0

Kirk, I am not looking forward to the day when we need to go through MIL's things because it will be a culmination of MIL, FIL and FIL's father's things...

Take care everyone.
Kat

Rowena said...

omg Kat you weren't kidding about how she keeps things. In a way, it sounds cute, but I can only imagine how many other things are in storage!