Monday, July 09, 2012

meg's drive-in

We stopped in to Meg's Drive-In to pick up something for lunch the other day.

I had never eaten here and neither had my mom, so we checked it out.

I chose the BBQ burger deluxe...$2-something. The "deluxe" part is the addition of lettuce, onions and tomato.

Um, the patty was so teeny, because I think they are homemade. I know if a guy got this burger, there would be complaints.

Lacking in any BBQ taste (western or asian), I will give them props for giving me lots of lettuce (maybe to cover up the size of the patty?!..oy!)

On the other hand, my mom chose their fish burger deluxe...$3-something. Again, the deluxe was the addition of lettuce, onions and tomato.

Her fish was so BIG, though her lettuce was kinda sad looking and her tomato was green.

Mixed reviews on this place. If you know of what we should try here, tell us, we may be back, maybe.

Meg's Drive-In
743 Waiakamilo Road
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.845.3943

12 comments:

KirkK said...

Man, Meg's.....when I worked for a pretty well known company in the area, the bosses would always buy us lunch from there if we had to work Saturdays's and Sundays.

K and S said...

guess we should've gone with plate lunches, Kirk :0

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

And not only a guy, but I would complain too (probably talking out loud while looking at the thing). Deluxe is a word oft abused.

K and S said...

had I been hungrier, I think I would've complained too Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

beef stew and daily specials!
BTW, owner used to be sous chef at the original L'Uraku

K and S said...

thanks Anon! will have to remember that the next time (hopefully there is a next time)

Take care.
Kat

K said...

I can't even see the burger inside the bun, haha!

K and S said...

lol, I know, K!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Mmm! I think I want a fish burger, right now (this morning!)

K and S said...

I think it would definitely be a great start to your day, Paz!

Take care.
Kat

Kim said...

LOL!!! "I will give them props for giving me lots of lettuce". You had me cracking up with this line.

K and S said...

:) thanks Kim!

Take care.
Kat