Sunday, July 01, 2012

saying goodbye

HUGE rainbow the other day.

I want to send this rainbow to a dear blogger friend, Barbara of Winos and Foodies, who I heard had passed away yesterday.

She was one of my first blog friends when I started this blog and had been battling cancer. In one of her posts, she taught me not to use phrases like "to die for", "so delicious I thought I died", phrases of that nature.

And because of her treatments, she couldn't enjoy the foods that she loved or cooking them. She also loved wine & bubbly but couldn't enjoy them as often.

We were Twitter friends as well as FB friends and competed on Bejeweled Blitz quite often, as well as Angry Birds.

Recently, I had heard she was having surgery to repair a collapsed lung.

Thoughts and prayers go out to her family and friends and though I've never met her in person, I know she's in no pain now and she will truly be missed.

5 comments:

KirkK said...

Man, it's been a tough year....

K and S said...

tough indeed Kirk.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Oddly enough, I try to catch myself when using the word die in stuff that i post. Also the word "kill" comes to mind, like "I'd kill for a piece of chocolate cake." Enough violence going around in the world! So sorry to hear about Barbara.

K and S said...

I'm gonna add that one to my list too Rowena.

Take care.
Kat

K said...

My thoughts are going out to your friend!