Wednesday, July 11, 2012

zippy's

Tried the mini Chili Moco from Zippy's.

If you look online, you'll see that they used to use a mac salad sauce (which seemed similar to tartar sauce except no relish) between the rice and hamburger patty, I didn't see that sauce while I was eating it, so maybe they don't use that sauce these days.

I liked this, the chili replaces the brown gravy that usually tops a Loco Moco. Satoshi, whose favorite is the original Loco Moco, would probably disagree though.

12 comments:

K said...

Yum, that looks delicious!

Anonymous said...

It looks delicious! Yum!
Sandy

K and S said...

I enjoyed it K!

It was Sandy :)

Take care you two.
Kat

jalna said...

So funny Kat, I noticed on one of the "You Might Like" suggestions a blog post you did called "Hawaii Volunteers". You have a picture of a plate of food, and right in the corner is a PIZZELLE! Caught my eye. Hahaha!

Anonymous said...

If you and Satoshi would like to try variations on Loco Moco Da Kitchen on Isenberg and King has some that are interesting and delicious.

Heading back to Osaka Saturday BTW!

Alan

K and S said...

good eye Jalna!

thanks for the heads-up Alan! are you still in Japan?!

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

Okay I would probably tend to side with Satoshi on this, but there is no denying that it does look good!

K and S said...

yeah I think purists would agree too Rowena :) but was ono!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - I tried this the last time I was home.....and I gotta go with Satoshi on this one!

K and S said...

aw thanks Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

Hi Kat - Actually in Hawaii right now.

Alan

K and S said...

ah have a safe trip, Alan, I think the weather will be very humid when you arrive there.

Take care.
Kat