Friday, September 07, 2012

hawaii revisits

Went back yet again to Palama Market, this time I tried their bulgogi bento, only US$5.50 + tax.

The meat was kinda gristly, but the serving was plentiful.

Not too sweet either.

Yet again, sour kim chee (boo!) but this one also had some cucumber kim chee which was delicious.

Also in the bento were 2 mandoo and some sauteed cabbage.

They also have a snack area now, at the back of the store, here you can order plates (even bowls of noodles), which were a little higher priced than the bento.

They also have some chairs and tables to eat your food at or sit and wait for your order.

I'll be back.



8 comments:

Anonymous said...

what is up with the sour kim chee? Korean places should know better, or they are just using up old stock!

K and S said...

dunno Anon, dunno.

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I agree, no excuse for sour Kimchi at a Korean Market.

K and S said...

so true Kirk!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I know it would be kinda rude to ask them to leave out the kimchi next time, but maybe it might give them the hint? Hmm...maybe not. Anon hit the nail on the head.

K and S said...

the bentos are pre-packaged, so I am not so sure about asking them to leave it out, Rowena, but I guess I could try asking next time.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Sometimes I wonder if maybe they like it sour . . .

K and S said...

hmmm that would be interesting to find out, Jalna!

Take care.
Kat