Tuesday, September 11, 2012

mango chutney

Remember the other day I talked about green mango?

Well, another food item we put them in is mango chutney.

Since I had 4 mangoes left, I cut them up and tried making mango chutney for the first time.

The hardest part was peeling the mango and slicing them.

After that, I just followed my mom's recipe.

(When I asked if I could blog about the recipe, she said, "oh, I don't know about that...")

So...I added the spices and other ingredients, then cooked everything down for about an hour.

The results were pretty good, as I got approval "from the luna (Hawaiian for supervisor)".

I ended up with 13 ounces (the Bonne Maman jar) + a little less than 1/4 cup (about half of the furikake jar).

Mom and I tried the one in the furikake jar with some steak. It was a little more jelled than the one my mom makes, but it tasted good.

I couldn't believe how easy the whole process was. I'm taking home the bigger jar and can't wait to share this with Satoshi.

Thanks Mom!

6 comments:

KirkK said...

That looks really good Kat!

jalna said...

Yummmmm!!

K said...

What a great project, looks great!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna & K!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

Haha, your mom is sharp for not sharing her secrets!

K and S said...

no worry Rowena, I get the recipe so at least I can make um again ;)

Take care.
Kat