Saturday, September 22, 2012

sweet tart asian style 3 bean salad

Found this recipe by Ellie Krieger in the USA Weekend back in June.

I adapted it, kinda "eye balled" some things like the corn and edamame so the measurements are kinda "iffy".

about 4 servings

7 green beans, steamed and chopped
50 grams canned garbanzo beans, rinsed, drained
about 1/4 cup canned corn, rinsed, drained
about 2 handfuls of edamame, cooked and shelled
1 tablespoon oil
1 tablespoon rice vinegar
1 tablespoon orange marmalade
1/2 teaspoon ginger, grated
1/8 of an onion, diced

Mix everything well.
Chill and serve.

NOTES: Not sure exactly as to what makes it "Asian" aside from some grated ginger and maybe some scallions...

Tastewise, it reminded me of the 3 bean salad my mom makes.

Since I used marmalade and not fruit preserves as the original recipe uses, I didn't add the sugar that the original recipe calls for.

I would make this again, maybe using other veggies and upping the ginger.

8 comments:

jalna said...

Looks refreshing!

K and S said...

it is Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I don't see what makes it asian either...how odd. It looks cute though with the colors and various sizes of the vegs.

K and S said...

Rowena, kinda reminds me of when people add pineapple and call it "hawaiian" :p

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That looks very nice Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

Rinshinomori said...

It's the use of edamame which makes it Asian in her view.

K and S said...

maybe you are right, Rinshinomori :)

Take care.
Kat