Monday, September 03, 2012

refrigerator oatmeal

I've been seeing this on the web lately and had to give it a try, I adapted this recipe.

Here's what I did:

Refrigerator Oatmeal : 1 serving adapted from "The Yummy Life"

1/4 cup old fashioned oats
1/3 cup chocolate coconut milk
1/4 cup non-fat Greek yogurt
1 teaspoon ground flax seed

Topping: 1 apple banana, sliced

NOTES: I used this brand of "milk", it is really good, or as the label says "so delicious".

Since the milk was already sweetened, I didn't add any honey or any other sweetener to my oatmeal.

I didn't have rolled oats and just used old fashioned oats.

For winter months, warm/hot oatmeal is nice, but for summer this version is good!

I'm making this again using this Almond Coconut milk (which a reader, Marisa, told me was good)...you know it's gonna be just as good!

5 comments:

2kamuela47 said...

I'm going to try that...

Rowena said...

Where are you buying all these nut milks? I checked the link and like the idea of making these in small mason jars for on-the-run breakfasts or a quick snack (ooooh, like after a brief hike!).

K and S said...

hope you like it Laura!

I'm finding them at Down to Earth, Rowena, a health food store. Hope you like this if you try it :)

Take care you two.
Kat

G said...

You never mentioned if you liked it or not.

K and S said...

I like it G, I have made it several times since posting about it.

Take care.
Kat