Thursday, April 18, 2013

pain de caz

Sometimes when I go walking, I take turns to take me down streets I've never been on, change it up a bit.

The other day, while doing just that, I happened upon Pain de Caz a tiny bakery in Ikeda.

I picked up their teriyaki hamburger...250 yen. The hamburger itself wasn't homemade but the bun was and it was so soft!

The sauce had just the right amount of sweetness.

And their baked curry pan...150 yen.

Usually curry pan is deep fried, so whenever I see baked types I try to pick them up to try. This one was soft and the curry inside had just the right amount of spices.

I'll be back (I just hope I can find them again).

Pain de Caz
9-19 Masumi-cho
Ikeda, Osaka
Phone: 072.751.9830

7 comments:

jalna said...

It's so cool to discover new things on routine walks.

KirkK said...

The curry pan looks lovely Kat.

Rowena said...

Both look delicious and at pretty good prices too!

K and S said...

so true Jalna :)

it was delicious, Kirk :)

pretty reasonably priced Rowena :)

Take care everyone.
Kat

Nami | Just One Cookbook said...

Baked curry pan? I don't think I've ever tried that! Deep fried ones are my husband's favorite and he always picks one up for breakfast next day. I'll look for baked version when I go back this summer!

K said...

Yum, I love curry pan too!

K and S said...

I hope you can find them Nami they are called yaki-curry-pan :)

so good yeah, K?!

Take care you two.
Kat