Wednesday, April 03, 2013

sakura walk

IMG_3598 Monday was quite sunny, "hot" even.

So, I went to check out the cherry blossoms. This was near the school that had that great mural.

IMG_3600 And then I got this shot nearing Satsukiyama (Mt Satsuki). Big windows mean big reflections...

IMG_3602 Here's a shot of the road up to Satsukiyama (Mt Satsuki).

IMG_3604 And then the kannon (statue of peace) in the park at Satsukiyama (Mt Satsuki).

Tuesday it rained and was forecasted for high winds overnight. I don't think the blossoms will hold until the weekend.

Hope your week is going well.

8 comments:

K said...

It looks like a nice walk, thanks for sharing the sakura photos!

KirkK said...

Love the photos Kat. Thanks for taking them before the storm hits!

K and S said...

glad you enjoyed this K :)

Thanks Kirk!

Take care you two.
Kat

Lindsay-Jean said...

I'm jealous of warm weather and cherry blossom season!

jalna said...

Wish I was there again.

K and S said...

I hope your weather gets warmer soon LJ :)

I wish you could come back too Jalna :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena... said...

So pretty, and I'm assuming that a lot of bees are buzzing around trees and birds chirping in the air. You've got spring!

K and S said...

haven't seen many bees but have been hearing the birds, Rowena :) we had a sakura petal blizzard the other day!

Take care.
Kat