Saturday, May 11, 2013

nakatani-tei

It had been six years since my last visit to Nakatani-tei, which I wrote about here.

These days I find myself in this area more often, so I'm trying to re-connect with some of the places I've visited when I first started this blog.

Anyway, I ordered the tarte salée set...1680 yen. This came with a tarte made from scallops, zucchini, tomato. A salad, a slice of homemade bread and some potato salad.

Everything was delicious. I liked that the tarte didn't skimp on ingredients, there were huge pieces of scallop in there.

Dessert was from the showcase and I chose something called "Fraisier", Japanese style strawberry shortcake.

I loved how there was strawberry in every bite.

And what amazed me was how my slice never toppled over...the secret?! A little neat slather of chocolate on the plate to hold the slice in place...brilliant!

I'm glad I got a chance to go back and hope to bring Satoshi here soon!

Nakatani-tei
6-6-27 Uehonmachi, Nakagawa Bldg 1F
Tennoji, Osaka
Phone: 06.6773.5240
Closed: Mondays and the 3rd Tuesday
Hours: 10:00-19:00 (Lunch from 11:30-14:00)

9 comments:

Rowena said...

I like that square shape of the tarte. Definitely not something I've seen before.

K said...

I LOVE strawberry shortcakes in Japan - so good!

K and S said...

I think they make it that shape so they don't have to cut it like a quiche, Rowena.

me too K :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Dennis K. said...

Omg, that cake looks so cute and perfect, it looks almost fake!

K and S said...

so true, Dennis, it could pass as fake :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - That looks good!

K and S said...

it was Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

Deb in Hawaii said...

Lunch looks wonderful--especially that little slice of cake. ;-)

K and S said...

best part, Deb :)

Take care.
Kat