Monday, May 27, 2013

w & m burgers

How many moons had it been since I visited W & M Burgers?! Too many.

I got their fries...$2.10 I think these are double fried because they were crispy, even after sitting out a bit.

The cheeseburger...$3.85 (came with lettuce & cheese, choice of mayo, mustard, ketchup and/or relish)...I went with mayo.

I like that they marinate their burgers in "b-b-q" sauce.

In Hawaii, you should know that "bbq" usually means "teriyaki". W & M's teriyaki was a balanced sweet-salty.

While some would "scoff" at iceberg, I liked that nice "crunch" from it.

I also like that the mayo was just enough to "peek" out at you while eating.

Maybe a schmear on the corners of your mouth when you bite into the burger.

There was never a dollop falling out to make a mess.

Nor was there any drippy "sauce" to run down your arm...whoo!

I also got a small drink (rootbeer)...$1.65

Make sure that after you buy your lunch you take it to gaze at Diamond Head or any other natural wonder that Hawaii has to offer...

I'll be back.

W & M Burgers
3104 Waialae Avenue
Honolulu, Hawaii
Phone: 808.734.3350
Open: Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 10:00-16:30, Saturday & Sunday 9:00-16:30

11 comments:

jalna said...

Yummm!! It has been many moons for me too.

K and S said...

ooh I hope you get a chance to go back soon, Jalna :)

Take care.
Kat

Dennis K. said...

I agree, iceberg lettuce is great! Even if it may not be that nutritionally significant.. :)

Rowena said...

Glad to see that your eating some great meals in that GREAT weather. We had snow a couple days ago.

K and S said...

Thanks Dennis :) I knew you would understand.

Thanks Rowena, I heard Europe is still in dreary mode, I hope the weather gets better for you soon!

Take care you two.
Kat

Kathy YL Chan said...

Oh man, thanks for reminding me...need to get to W&M before heading back to NYC! ^_^

K and S said...

safe travels, Kathy :)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

One of my favorites Kat!

K and S said...

after I went, I remembered you posted about it too, Kirk, good times!

Take care.
Kat

K said...

Yum!

K and S said...

indeed K :)

Take care.
Kat