Sunday, November 02, 2014

halloween eats

*happy halloween* sushi #japan #sushi #halloween #dinner #semihomemade What did you do on Halloween? Satoshi had plans, so I partied alone...

I "made" myself some scary sushi...I got the idea from a commercial for sushi vinegar. Their version was jack o'lanterns.

I bought the sushi from the market and just added the "scary" eyes and mouths. I made jack o'lanterns with salmon and ghosts with ika (squid).

IMG_8674 I made some guacamole. I didn't have jalapenos so I just sprinkled some of that habanero salt that Kirk gave us...so good!

IMG_8677 I munched on some Pop popcorn in their Rogue Blue (cheese) flavor...really cheesy and quite piquant.

IMG_8672 For dessert I had a mont blanc which had purple sweet potato and pumpkin puree in place of the chestnut topping.

IMG_8678 And for something to drink, this white beer by Baladin, an Italian maker. Super citrusy.

Hope you had a nice, safe Halloween.

7 comments:

Kozue said...

Wonderful... it's easy to make sushi jack o'lanterns!

KirkK said...

I'm glad you're finding some use for those salts Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kozue :)

Thanks again Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

I am gonna check youtube for that commercial!

K and S said...

I found um for you Rowena...
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rI8SiDcLXoI

Take care.
Kat

Angie said...

LOL your scary sushi is HILARIOUS!

K and S said...

glad you enjoyed these Angie :)

Take care.
Kat