Monday, November 10, 2014

torisanwa

If you were trying to comment on this blog over the weekend, sorry, Blogspot was all wonky. I could post, but couldn't preview the post before publishing. I couldn't answer any comments either.

Whatcha gonna expect for something that's free, yeah?!

Oh well...

I recently had lunch at Torisanwa. They specialize in Nagoya Ko-chin chicken, a brand name chicken of the area.

They sell tebasaki (wings) and karaage (fried chicken nuggets) to-go and they also have a tiny eating area where you can have donburi (bowl) type dishes like chicken katsu, oyakodon and the like. You can also order some wings or karaage to eat with your donburi.

I ordered their chicken katsu don...810 yen (tax included) This came with some collagen soup, a rich chicken broth. It also came with an umeboshi (pickled apricot). I didn't know when to work in eating the umeboshi, so I ate it at the end of the meal as a palate cleanser of sorts.

The chicken katsu were big pieces of chicken thigh, I believe, fried nicely and then coated with their sauce. The chicken was really tender and the sauce was a little on the sweet side...I enjoyed this.

I enjoyed the balance of the dish. There wasn't too much sauce to make things soupy and the egg was cooked perfectly...a little runny but not raw.

I'm not so sure if the portion would be enough for guys but I noticed lots of women were eating there.

Usually during the weekdays you'll see mostly to only women eating in cafes and such, but this was the weekend, so maybe it was because of the collagen soup?!

Anyway, I wouldn't mind buying some wings and karaage to try...I'll be back.

Torisanwa
Lucua B1F
Phone: 06.6151.1153
Hours: 10:00-22:00, open when Lucua is

4 comments:

Rowena said...

Yep, I hear ya on the stuff that comes free. Wordpress has hiccups every now and then, plus they put ads on the blog anyway!

KirkK said...

Hi Kat - You know, the Missus was looking for Chicken Katsu Don when we were in Japan, but couldn't find any....we'll look more carefully next time.

K said...

Yum, looks and sounds delicious!

K and S said...

at least it's okay now Rowena:p

most katsu places are pork, Kirk. Chicken katsu is pretty rare, in my opinion :)

It was K:)

Take care everyone!
Kat