Wednesday, March 01, 2017

good cacao 33.8

While in Matsuyama, we stopped into Good Cacao 33.8, the first bean to bar chocolate maker for this area.

Apparently 33.8 degrees is the temperature (in Celsius) that chocolate melts at and 33.8 is also the north latitude of where Dogo Onsen is located in Matsuyama.

We picked up two bars to try.

The crushed almond is 70% cacao with crushed almonds. The cacao comes from Haiti.

I thought the almonds had no flavor, but I liked the chocolate...a little bitter and fruity

The second bar was a 70% cacao from Vietnam.

This one had slices of iyokan peel (the citrus of the area).

I think this chocolate was fruity also.

I'm glad we got to try these and it made a nice souvenir from the area.

I hope more bean to bar places will catch on in the years to come.

Good Cacao 33.8
20-14 Dogo-yunomachi
Matsuyama, Ehime
Phone: 089.934.4833

2 comments:

Rowena said...

a cool name for a chocolate brand, I had no idea about chocolate's melting point.

K and S said...

me too Rowena, glad I researched why they named themselves with the 33.8 :)

Take care.
Kat