Wednesday, March 21, 2018

fyi

Do you remember this post?

Well, Friday we got "that" notice and Satoshi will be transferred to Tokyo.

My anxiety is through the roof and thinking about all the things that need to be done so he can be there by April 2nd...eep!

Of course, moving away from MIL, my host family and many friends will be hard.

But the hardest will be to find a reasonably priced place with enough square footage for us while also considering the time for Satoshi's commute to work.

We were definitely spoiled to be able to live in such a reasonably priced, convenient & "spacious" apartment (600 square feet) with lots of storage space here in Osaka for the past 17 years!

At least we'll be able to keep the place we are living in until the end of April or so, so I am visualizing the actual move during Golden Week (at the end of April).

I do need to also start going through the fridge and freezer...don't want to have to throw anything out.

It is a new adventure and I know I should be excited but I am definitely more worried about finding a place and the move.

Satoshi's company will pay the rent and the deposits BUT they have a set amount, if we supplement, then the company will stop paying and we would be responsible for the full amount...eep!

I really don't want Satoshi to have to commute too long just so that we can have a bigger space to live in but I am coming to the conclusion that if he doesn’t, we'll have to make the move without any belongings(furniture and such)...the properties are THAT teeny and expensive.

I do have a couple of posts lined up but it may be quiet around here after that, just thought I should let you know in advance...

Be well everyone!

12 comments:

Rona Y said...

Companies usually pay commuting costs, right? Do you think they'd be willing to pay for Shinkansen? I know people who live as far as Utsunomiya and they take Shinkansen to Tokyo. You can get a lot of space for much less money than in Tokyo and the immediate surroundings! Or Oyama?

Rona Y said...

Also, congratulations to Satoshi! Sounds like a promotion!

But I'm sad you'll have to move away from the Kansai area. You're so comfortable there, but just think how close you'll be to Isetan Shinjuku, and Echire, and . . . Heaven!

Happy Little Bento said...

Wow talk about stress! That's crazy wild, especially after 17 years. The one time I got relocated by my company it was only about a month after I had been hired, and I had to decide in 3 months whether to move across the country. It's definitely easier when you're younger and less encumbered, as you say. But still, Tokyo! Super exciting! Wish you both well💕

Rowena said...

wait a minute...the company won't pay if you choose to supplement for a place that you want? let me go in the other room so I can scream.
.
.
.
.
your MIL was the first thing that popped in my mind when you told me, and also if you had to pay a penalty for breaking your rental lease. you haven't mentioned what Satoshi thinks about any of this, but like MotH, he's probably well-accustomed to job stuff like this. I believe you about the teeny apartments - I hope you aren't the claustrophobic type!

jalna said...

Sending smooth-sailing vibes your way! Looking forward to some "New Adventures in Japan"!

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing your info. I really appreciate
your efforts and I am waiting for your further write ups thank you once again.

K said...

Good luck to you with the home search and the move!

KirkK said...

Oh man....hope things work out well....but what a pain. Good luck!

KirkK said...

And I hope you find something with enough space....man, those apartments in Tokyo are so small. Which is why the Missus won't do apartments in Tokyo (anymore) when we travel.

Anonymous said...

What a load of work coming your way. Selfishly, I'm excited about the new adventures you will be sharing from your new life in Tokyo!!

Jo said...

You are going to be very busy for the next few weeks Kat ! So many things to do ...so many decisions to make ...
Take care and enjoy your last spring in Osaka !



K and S said...

Thanks Rona, Sheri, Rowena, Jalna, Anon, K, Kirk, Anon & Jo :)

Hope to update more info on the move soon.

Thanks for all the good mojo.
Take care everyone.
Kat