Friday, February 22, 2019

supermarket finds

We tried blood oranges back in 2017, at the time, they weren't red when I had cut them open.

So I was excited when I came upon them again at the market recently.

They weren't too big...6 for 480 yen (plus tax)

Grown in Uwajima of Ehime prefecture, and if I read the pamphlet correctly, they are a cross between Tarocco and Moro varieties.

And they were reddish inside!

I squeezed all and only came up with 1 cup of juice.

Be careful as the juice is RED!

This was sweet with a hint of tartness.

I'm glad we got to try this.

6 comments:

K and S said...

Jalna, different but super ono!

Take care.
Kat

Barbara H said...

We are lucky to have a blood orange tree here in California. We enjoy blood orange slices with roasted beets, pecans, blue cheese & a citrus vinaigrette.

K and S said...

You are lucky Barbara! and that combination sounds so delicious!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

love, love, love blood oranges, more than the navels and other "just orange" varieties.

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat!

K and S said...

Rowena, sometimes the navels can be disappointing here too.

Thanks Kirk :)

Take care you two.
Kat