Tuesday, February 05, 2019

things I'm liking

Happy Lunar New Year!

Here's a list of some things I'm liking...the fruit sandwich from Bakery Alice.

It not only has whipped cream but also a dollop of custard.

the saku saku anpan from Sunmerry.

It reminds me of the pie crust manju that we have in Hawaii.

The sesame anpan from Yashi Pan.

They mix sesame paste with the sweet bean paste...delicious.

The veggie sandwich at City Bakery was super colorful. There was also some avocado as well as a lot of crunchy veggies.

With the air crisp, most days we get a glimpse of Mount Fuji...during sunrise, during the day, during sunset.

1st time trying Yamada Udon's tanmen, which I believe is Saitama's soul food.

It kind of reminded me of Hawaii's saimin (with the thin noodles and light broth) and kind of like Nagasaki's champon (with all the veggies)...comfort food.

Ottogi's curry. Reader N gave sent this to me and it was slightly spicy and very tasty. Thanks N!

What are you enjoying these days?

5 comments:

Rowena said...

I'm gonna make red charsiu manapua to celebrate - haven't had that in ages!

jalna said...

I think I would like every single thing that you mentioned!

KirkK said...

How nice it must be to wake up in the morning to a view of Mt Fuji!

Anonymous said...

Glad you like that curry - for me it taste like the old style yellow curry of my teen years that was served at the drive inns back in the day vs. the dark Japanese curry like House. I love that gorgeous view -N

K and S said...

Rowena, I haven't made bread in ages!

Jalna, I hope you come back to Japan soon :)

Kirk, it really is a good thing :)

Thank you again N!

Take care everyone.
Kat