Friday, February 01, 2019

yokohama iekei nozomiya

We recently tried Yokohama Iekei Nozomiya.

A rather tiny ramen shop in our shopping arcade.

NOTE to self: even if they seat you at the counter...do not look at how they are making your ramen..eep!

I tried their ebi (shrimp) won ton men...790 yen (tax included).

While this was good, like I said, do not watch how they make your ramen...especially when they take the bowl they will put your ramen in from a bucket thingy filled with hot water...

Dunno if we'll be back, but I'm glad we tried them.

Yokohama Iekei Nozomiya
6-3-7 Ikegami
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 03.6410.6280
Hours: 11:00-24:00

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

you know the food is the best from those "suspect" places!
v

Alan said...

Ha, ha, ha. Many years ago, when I was working for a big Japanese electronics company, I took my wife with me on a business trip to Japan. I wanted to give her a lot of interesting experiences -- I took her to a horimon shop, to a tempura bar, and to a ramen stand. Same thing -- we saw them just rinse off the chop sticks and bowls in just hot water. My wife wouldn't eat the ramen there so we left and I had to take her to eat somewhere else.

baconita said...

Haahha! Thanks for the tip! I'll remember that for next time!

jalna said...

Oh, but that looks sooo gooood!!!

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat! One of the really popular ramen spots in Paris keeps the pots of simmering broth right at the front window....along with all the scrapped off scum! Not the most appetizing thing to see....

Rowena said...

if what Alan wrote explains your "note to self"....YIKES!!!!

K and S said...

V, still scary though :)

Alan :)

Baconita...definitely :)

Jalna, and it was...but...

Kirk, definitely not appetizing to see.

Rowena...I know..

Take care everyone.
Kat