Thursday, May 30, 2019

hakone bakery

When we visited Hakone in February, I was interested in trying some baked goods from Hakone Bakery, but their shop wasn't near the Hakone station.

And then when I went to Kawasaki, I stumbled upon their shop there of all places.

I tried their apple pie.

So flaky but could have had a little more apple filling.

We also tried their bread which was nice as toast in the morning.

And last night I tried their gorgonzola honey walnut bread, so good!

Lots of stinky cheese! walnuts and a drizzle of honey.

There is mixed info online about the shop in Hakone...some say they moved, some say they are out of business.

They do have a cafe area at the shop in Kawasaki so I hope to get back there soon.

Hakone Bakery
Azalea Delichika
Kawasaki, Kanagawa
Phone: 044.280.7671
Hours: 7:00-21:00
Open when Azalea is

6 comments:

Haji Mazlan Muslim said...

I had stayed in Japan some years back & I definitely enjoyed food from Japanese bakery in Ariake, Yokohama, Kamiooka, Tokyo, etc.

K and S said...

Thanks for stopping by HMM, I am glad you enjoyed the food in Japan while you were here!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

gorgonzola honey bread! thank you for putting that idea in my head ^-^

K and S said...

Rowena, walnut based bread, filled with gorgonzola then drizzled with honey :)

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks so good Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, it was :)

Take care!
Kat