Saturday, June 01, 2019

sando

In mid-May, a new cafe opened up near Ikegami station called Sando.

Apparently there used to be a bakery on the land, which went out of business and in its place an apartment building was built.

On the ground floor of the apartment building is Sando.

We checked them out today.

Mostly counter seats with quite of bit of natural light.

I had their Toni...espresso, tonic water and citrus juice...which was refreshing.

Satoshi had their kokuto coffee milk...literally a latte sweetened up with kokuto (black sugar).

He said he enjoyed it.

The prices are similar to Starbucks and they are slowly putting food items on their menu.

Hope to come back for lunch or breakfast, I'll be back.

Sando (UPDATE:2022 out of business)
4-31-16 Ikegami
Ota, Tokyo
Hours: 8:00-20:00
Closed Tuesdays

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

Toni sounds like the coffee soda from city bakery. Which did you prefer?
My office has a sparkling water dispenser so I've added some to strong coffee and lemon slices.
Learn so many cool things from you!
:)
V

K and S said...

V, I like the CB version better (more coffee)...I learn cool things from you too!

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

the lighting is the first thing I noticed about the pics....nice place!

K and S said...

Rowena, very nice place.

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks like the Italian Espresso soda we used to get at our favorite Italian Deli in LA.

K and S said...

I love that you have a favorite Italian Deli, Kirk!

Take care.
Kat