Monday, June 07, 2021

labels

I previously wrote about the amazing labels that our fruits and veggies have, here.

Well, when I bought a melon recently called "El Sol" I noticed that the label on it was even more amazing....

If you scan the QR code, you can tell what sweetness the melon is...WT?!

After scanning the QR code, it will bring you to this screen...the sweetness is 14.5, which is relatively sweet.
(16 is super sweet)

The screen will also tell you who grew the melon and what else the farmer grows.

I wondered how the heck do they tell how sweet the melon is without actually opening it up?

So, I looked around online and if I understood this correctly, they use a UV light to see how heavy and how sweet the fruit is...amazing yeah?!
 

10 comments:

Rowena said...

that is just amazing. I have to hope for the best whenever I buy sweet melons at the market--you never know if it'll be truly as sweet as it claims.

jalna said...

Very cool!

Anonymous said...

Usually I only use my QR reader when I'm at Whole Foods to get my Prime discount.
I have used it to see what comes upon other things/ of places. Pretty amazing information but can you imagine how long grocery shopping would take trying to scan everything, LOL
v

Kathy said...

hi kat! whoa that is super cool! i wish we had this in the us ^_^

K and S said...

That is true Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

indeed Jalna.

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

lol that is true too V!

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Kathy, interesting yeah?!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

That's interesting Kat.......I've always used my nose....

K and S said...

me too Kirk:)

Take care!
Kat