Tuesday, June 15, 2021

yoshinoya

Nearby to MIL's is Yoshinoya, a tiny shop that has been in business since 1926.

They make all sorts of wagashi (Japanese sweets).

I tried their matcha jelly...matcha gelatin cubes, sweet bean paste, shiratama (similar to mochi balls) & mandarin oranges.

This also came with some kuromitsu (molasses),  but I didn't use it.

I enjoyed this especially since it was so hot and humid.

Satoshi had their kuzu sakura.

Sweet bean paste wrapped with sakura flavored kuzu mochi and a salted sakura leaf.

He said he enjoyed this.

I'm glad we tried this place, I have a feeling we tried them before but I never wrote about them.

We'll be back whenever we are in Kyoto.

Yoshinoya

54 Koyama Higashino-cho

Kita, Kyoto

Phone: 075.414.1901

Open daily 9:00-18:00

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

At first I thought it was the gyudon chain. :)
but these sweets sound just as good!

I just tried the gyudon from Dell's Kitchen and Bakery on McCully and Young. Meh. Can't beat Yoshinoya or Sugiya! Maybe if the put half the rice might have been better. So.Much.Rice.
v

KirkK said...

That name really threw me off....I thought you went to Yoshinoya, the chain.

jalna said...

Ho, I could just gobble all of that up!

K and S said...

maybe you can order less rice V:)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Jalna was so hard to choose:)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

everything looks delicious but I'm really intrigued by Satoshi's dessert - yum!

K and S said...

Rowena it was definitely something different:)

Take care.
Kat