Friday, June 04, 2021

this and that

We went back to Zoshiki and checked out Mizoguchi, which sells all sorts of meats and homemade foods.

We picked up their curry...2 servings only 650 yen (tax included)

Nikujaga only 300 yen (tax included) & chicken with daikon only 400 yen (tax included).

The curry was rich and had lots of tender meat in it.

Similar to Mother's Meat's curry it had enough spicy for me.

I thought this was a bargain because it was 2 servings.

We ate the nikujaga and chicken with daikon for dinner and both were simmered well ...everything was tasty and tender.

We'll be back to try other items.

Stumbled upon this homemade custard flan at Mart Iijima.

Only 128 yen (plus tax)...minus the 30 yen discount...only 105 yen!

After we ate the pudding, I poured water into the container to measure it and it is about a cup of pudding.

So ono! Rich, creamy and also not too sweet.

Satoshi and I shared this.

We'll be back to buy more.

Forgot to mention this plastic hippo that we saw at Tamagawadai Park.

The tongue and innards have their parts labeled in 3 different foreign languages.

So cool!
Figgy Piggy...love the name!

I saw this combo on one of those food truck programs many moons ago and finally got around to trying this.

The food truck's version had more "things" in it, I instead just used what I had...

Peanut butter, bacon, fig jam and cream cheese.

It was a good reason to use my hot sandwich maker.

Next time I will add more bacon and add oozy cheese instead of cream cheese.

This sign..whenever we pass by this shabu shabu restaurant I always think it is so cute.

We tried this edamame snack recently...I was leery it would be too "wasabi"-ish for me but fortunately it wasn't overpowering.
I've tried Yukimusume's in the past that were filled with strawberries, custard and whipped cream...this one had a chocolate mochi outside, chocolate whipped cream, chocolate covered banana and some yellow sponge cake...oh em gee so good!
Bought some cakes from Takano for Satoshi's birthday yesterday.

Being a fruit shop, I would've thought that most of their fruits were fresh...bummed that most of the fruit on this was canned and the piece of melon was hard...boo!

The bottom was a rolled cake (swiss roll) with lots of whipped cream and nuts...whoo!

This noriten (fried nori) is korean style with sesame oil...so good!
Birthday chirashi for Satoshi...I made some myoga amasuzuke and then mixed some of it into some cooked rice then layered some sashimi (raw fish slices) on top.

The sashimi we bought was cut inconsistent, some pieces were thick while others were really thin! 

The otoro was super buttery though!

Stumbled upon this lot that they were clearing and saw the remnants of vines, maybe ivy?! spanning the width of the building that was next to the one that was cleared.

I thought it looked so beautiful and was also kind of sad seeing it too.

So...Tokyo is still going forward with the Olympics despite what the medical people are saying...I feel that if this pandemic were some other type of disaster like an earthquake, they would cancel the Olympics in a heartbeat...

Tokyo's state of emergency is extended until June 20th and our daily cases have been hovering around 500.

There is talk that we might be able to receive our vaccinations mid-June, I am not holding my breath.

I hope you all are doing well, even if we’ve had some rainy days, we still haven't started our rainy season here in Tokyo.

Have a safe weekend.

Mizoguchi
2-27-2 Nakarokugo
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3735.2981
Hours: 10:00-20:00

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

Love this post! so many different things.

Hope you guys are able to get vaccinated by June, but even July or August will be ok. I went for the Johnson and Johnson because I didn't want to hassle with the 2 shot. So far it hasn't been approved in Japan, right?

Hmmm. I usually use some kind of compote with cream cheese on crackers or crostini for happy hour but making a whole sandwich sounds really ono, especially with ham/bacon....thinking whipped cream cheese might work.

Surprised about the canned fruits from Takano. Sure looked good though.

Super counting (hoping) on being able to go to Japan next year!
v

K and S said...

hoping we all can travel soon V!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Belated Happy Birthday, Satoshi!

jenny said...

Oh my gosh, so much food in this post! The chocolate mochi and the korean style noriten are the ones making my mouth water at this point. I heard athletes have been arriving in Japan already, what a hard place for all sides. I just really hope things go smoothly...still surprised at how badly Japan has been handling this...??

K and S said...

thank you Jalna!

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

so far only Australia’s softball team but more teams to come soon, Jenny. I don’t see anything good happening by holding this event, hopefully we’ll be able to get our first vaccine before the Olympics.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

lots of fun and tasty things to think about but for sure it's Satoshi's dinner that got my vote. I took a raincheck on mine since the MotH had to go to his dad's; still don't know whre or what I want to eat though!

look forward to your vaccine shot post...when it eventually happens.

K and S said...

Hoping this vaccine is happening soon Rowena! Sending more good vibes for your FIL!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

A belated Happy Birthday Satoshi!

K and S said...

Thank you Kirk!

Take care.
Kat