Wednesday, June 02, 2021

tamagawadai park

I've known about this park since we moved here, but it was my first time to check it out.

This park is about 15 minutes by train from where we live and is next to the Tamagawa Sengen Shrine

There are many kofun (historical burial mounds) throughout the park and some cherry trees, and if I am not mistaken there are about 3000 hydrangea plants.

There were many families out and about especially with their dogs.

In the park is a little pond with water lilies...so pretty!
This little guy had a net so big, not sure what he intended on catching with it, but I'm pretty sure he would fit in it!


It was a beautiful area to walk around and hard to believe this was in Tokyo.

I'm glad we checked out this place and it was nice to bond with nature for a little bit...we'll be back.

Tamagawadai Park

1-63-1 Denenchofu

Ota, Tokyo

Open daily

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Safeway has been selling hydrangeas. Maybe I should get a few plants. I got their cyclamen and so far it's still alive. I also got their Christmas cactus which is barely alive but still going. They have nice flowers, better than the garden shops even though they cost more because I think meant to given as gifts.
That is a beautiful looking park!
v

K and S said...

you would enjoy this park V!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

So cute that kid with the big net!

K and S said...

I thought so too Jalna!

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

absolutely gorgeous place and space, and not choked with people!

KirkK said...

More lovely flowers....love that pooch in the bag too!

K and S said...

Rowena love these types of places these days:)

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

Kirk, was happy to catch a photo of the dog in the bag:)

Take care!
Kat