Monday, June 28, 2021

super easy pupus

Super easy pupus that we had last Friday....

Take some boiled tako (octopus) and cut into bite sized pieces.

Smash 1 Japanese cucumber and break it up into relatively bite sized pieces.

Add 1 tablespoon of kim chee base and mix.

This was the recipe on Momoya's website, but I would probably add a little sesame oil and sesame seeds for a little more flavor.

Torotaku...I read somewhere that you don't actually need to use toro (fatty tuna) for it to be called torotaku, so I used maguro because I couldn’t find toro at the market I was at.

Mince your maguro, takuan and shiso (I used 5 leaves)...add some sesame seeds, mix well.

Serve with nori and shoyu.

I actually wanted to serve this with Korean nori, but Satoshi wanted ajitsuke nori (Japanese seasoned nori).

Since I could not find ajitsuke nori at the store I was at, I served it with yakinori (roasted nori).

Instead I added a little sesame oil to my shoyu.

Not really recipes, but super easy to put together and tasty too.

7 comments:

jalna said...

My kind of recipe!

Rowena said...

oooh...the parisian pickling cukes are starting to come in so I gotta try the tako idea - thanks for sharing this!

K and S said...

Hope you like this Rowena:)

Take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

the torotaku is just with the nori and no rice?
my hair stylist buys a pound of Foodland's Hawaiian style poke and adds 3/4 bottle of chili garlic rayu and does lettuce wraps with that.
both of these, I think. I would need a little rice, but yours sounds better because I could cut the maguro into tiny little pieces and with the takuan, something I would eat!
is this the momoya (?) kimchee base?
v

K and S said...

V, hope you can eat this torotaku:) yes, I used the momoya base

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Seems a lot like poke Kat.

K and S said...

I guess it is similar Kirk:)

Take care
Kat