Tuesday, June 01, 2021

zoshiki

About 30 minutes walking from where we live is Zoshiki.

This area was recently featured on a television show, so we went to check it out.

Along the way we saw lots of hydrangeas.

After some checking online, this one is apparently called pineapple guava.
Loved the look of this retro building.
 

I picked up a doner kebab for lunch from Kolbe.

Lots of veggies and lots of meat this was worth the 600 yen (tax included).
We also stopped at Takahashi Shoten to try their doughnuts.

All are cake type.

We purchased cocoa glazed, goma (sesame) and beniimo (purple sweet potato).

Bummer the goma and beniimo were so dry!

The glazed was definitely the way to go...so moist!




There are more shops we want to check out in this area, so we'll be back.

Kolbe
2-21-9 Nakarokugo
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 080.5401.5434
Closed Tuesdays
Hours: 11:00-14:00 (lunch), 16:00-18:00 (dinner)

Takahashi Shoten
1-40-11 Nakarokugo
Ota, Tokyo
Phone: 03.3734.4626
Closed Sundays
Hours: 10:00-19:00

10 comments:

jalna said...

Beautiful flowers!!

Anonymous said...

I keep looking at the flowers. They are so beautiful. I never cared for hydrangeas much until I saw all the Japan posts in full bloom. The ones one people have planted here are kind of skimpy, including the one my mom had growing in her yard for years.
I especially love that last picture of the cactus blooms.
v

jenny said...

What beautiful flowers...I need to find a way to move to Japan forreal. I also don't want to be an English language assistant teacher lol

K and S said...

Jalna, I love how the colors look like shave ice:)

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

V, I don’t think hydrangea are high maintenance since I don’t see many people caring for them. The cactus flower was pretty!

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

Jenny gotta find a company to sponsor your visa & help you find housing too:) or marry a Japanese, if you are not married...

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

from those hydrangea pics, it's clear they can grow just about anywhere, in a multitude of climates (they grew well up in Kokee mountain on Kauai).

KirkK said...

Those flowers are so beautiful Kat!

K and S said...

I have also been seeing banana trees around here Rowena:)

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

Definitely brightens up the mood here Kirk!

Take care.
Kat