Wednesday, August 18, 2021

keeping cool

This summer, we've been keeping cool with ice cream and sweets...

Like this frozen creme brulee.

It had a hard sugar top and the chocolate custard was rich and creamy.

They also have a custard version, so if I see it at the market, I'll get it to try.

This chocolate bar filled with vanilla ice cream.

I usually break it in half so I can enjoy it for two days.


Watermelon...so refreshing.
This one would've been good had it not melted on the way home and then refroze into a big blob.
It was our first time trying this one, filled with all sorts of fruits...pineapple, peach and orange.
This stracciatella bar was more chocolate than vanilla...love!

I heard there is a chocolate banana version, hope to be able to find it to try.

My all time favorite is this monaka...like a huge rectangle cone with vanilla and chocolate inside.

I also break this one in half to enjoy for two days.

What have you been enjoying to keep cool? 

 

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love the monaka one but whenever I bought it in Hawaii, the monaka was all stale, boooo.
Japan watermelons are so sweet. I would buy the sliced ones from the market. Heck, all the fruits are so sweet.
Been making earl grey tea with sweetened condensed milk in the blender. Sometimes I add boba but with all the sugar if the tea, don't need anymore calories.
It's been raining off and on here. Muggy!
v

K and S said...

V, ugh can only imagine how uncomfortable the humidity must be.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

O-M-G. I want um all.

jenny said...

The fruit bar looks so good with the fresh fruit chunks...how is the like liquid part of the popsicle? More hard ice like texture?

And V hit it on the head, I like Monaka too but when I get it...it's always stale. Is it fresh and crunchy in Japan??

Trying to think of what I been eating to keep cool...but I must be doing the Korean way. Eat hot foods to sweat it out and keep cool that way. lol!

K and S said...

the popsicle part was white grape juice Jenny:)
the monaka here is fresh though sometimes they are soggy stale too. I think they get stale if they defrost a little before freezing at the conbini.

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Jalna, ‘kay:)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

It's been quite hot here as well Kat...and strangely very humid. Not used to that anymore. It's been salads and Middle Eastern food for us.

K and S said...

Hope the humidity has gone away for you Kirk!

Take care:)
Kat