Friday, August 06, 2021

this and that

I don't remember seeing tiger lilies that were pink before...I always thought they were orange...

These kind of remind me of jellyfish for some reason...

Have you tried this granola? I love that it is a good reason to eat chocolate and nuts for breakfast.


It has been so hot and humid, so we cut our walking route.

We usually go to Benny Supermarket and a convenience store along the way and then we try to get back home as soon as possible.

Now no detours or exploring...too krazy hot.

The premade foods at Benny are old skool...nimono (simmered foods), some fried foods...when we get tired of convenience food, their food hits the spot.

Been trying all the taco salads at the convenience stores...

So far the ones I have tried use soy meat...

Didn't like the texture of the "meat" at Family Mart, but loved the colorful assortment of veggies and cheese, they also add nuts and grains.

I loved the taste of the Seven Eleven one.

Plus they had a spicy salsa dressing.
Almost forgot, one other thing we like from Benny is their ohagi.

This one is made by Daruma Beika and their factory is located nearby.

We like that they don't add preservatives to their sweets.

Yesterday's case number was 5042 for Tokyo and overall everyone's numbers are up.

Did you know that they don't have enough hospital bed space in Tokyo so there are over 10,000 cases at home?!

Many have also died while at home because there is actually no real care being administered while people wait for a hospital bed.

Experts are saying Tokyo’s daily case numbers will hit 10,000 in the next two weeks, I’m pretty sure it will be sooner.

All I know is if they decide to cancel the Paralympics, there will be a angry world to deal with.

So…not only do we need to worry about the Delta variant, and maybe getting heatstroke but there are also 3 typhoons roaming around Japan!

Stay safe everyone.

12 comments:

Rowena said...

I am at a loss for words - so much to deal with on top of the weather conditions, but to be sick with covid and you gotta stay home?! I know there was the same problem here (with sick patients waiting in the ambulances for lack of space), but I know they had medical personnal going to visit those who were not seriously affected and told to stay home.

Anonymous said...

I wonder why the taco salads come with soy instead of beef.
The 7-11s down here seem like they are magnets for yogore guys so feels creepy to go with them hanging around outside. Or maybe it's because the ones I do go to sometimes are on Queen St and in Kalihi.

I don't recall the brand of granola but the Japan ones are super expensive, like $10 not on sale. My travel friends used to go ape over them when we used to go to Japan.

I remember being in Japan during Obon and it was miserable. LOL, I even went into a hyaku-en shop and bought cheapy little personal fan. Couldn't go wrong for $1! well, $2 because I had to buy the battery
v

jalna said...

The lily is so pretty. Pictures of your food making me hungry. But then, I'm always hungry lately.

Kalin's Mommy said...

OMG, stay safe! Mich

Anonymous said...

I think you would enjoy the Hawaii 7-11’s Mexican salad bowl, Kat. It has a chicken, seasoned multi-grain mix, corn, & black beans over lettuce with a tasty chipotle ranch dressing. I am sometimes pleasantly surprised by the dishes they come up with. (If only they could cut waaay back on the salt.) Tokyo’s COVID case numbers are staggering and saddening. I do hope people all over take more care soon or else it will take even longer to get back to “ normal.” Please take care, Kay.

K and S said...

Thanks Kay! I hope we can get back to normal soon:)

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

Thanks Mich:)

Take care
Kat

K and S said...

aiyah Jalna:)

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

Everyone on a meatless kick recently V, high protein high fiber too…this granola was kinda pricey almost 500 yen-ish.

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

Apparently they let you use oxygen monitors but no one actually comes around to check on you Rowena :(

Take care!
Kat

KirkK said...

Please be safe Kat. Things are just getting crazy everywhere....

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk, please stay safe too!

Take care.
Kat