Friday, August 13, 2021

this and that

Weird stuff found inside of these oranges I had bought, it was hard...ew!

note to self, make sure they are not imported...
 

This pediatrician that has been on most news programs regarding the pandemic wears these interesting neckties.

This one was a surfing picture, but he also has Disney & cartoon character neckties too.
Been enjoying these butter biscuits from Family Mart.

Whipped cream cheese is sandwiched between two butter cookies.

The cookies are kind of soggy but I love the cream cheese fillings.

This one was lemon and the one I tried before was chocolate.


Sad to see someone throw out their teddy bear.
Tokyo's numbers haven't totally exploded but is hanging around 4000-ish per day.

Almost every prefecture's case numbers are up too.

I wish the main branch of government would do more.

On top of that Mother Nature has thrown us back to the rainy season especially Kyushu.

I think we all need a smile these days...please stay safe.

10 comments:

jalna said...

Wait . . what? "Whipped cream cheese is sandwiched between two butter cookies." Aaaackk!!!!

Anonymous said...

I think I sometimes find that weird thing in oranges or tangerines. Kind of like a hardened sap, right? but, don't know what it is too.
v

K and S said...

so good Jalna:)

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

V, yes! so gross but felt bad throwing it out so I just ate around it.

Take care.
Kat

Anonymous said...

i tried googling hardened sap in clementines and got a range of answers but it just seems to be some kind of harmless discharge; something to do with the sugar or temperature changes.
v

K and S said...

Thanks for investigating V!

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

I agree; we could all use a smile these days!

K and S said...

Hope you and your family are doing well Rowena!

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

I've seen those in oranges before Kat...yuck....and poor Teddy!

K and S said...

I ate around it Kirk:)

Take care.
Kat