Tuesday, August 10, 2021

pesto and cheese milk bread

It is really too hot and humid these days to be baking, but it is probably the only time of year for yeast to proof, so I baked.

I love this milk bread recipe, you don't need to weigh ingredients nor knead the dough and it comes together rather quickly and easily.

I've made pizza with the dough and also fried it as savory doughnuts.

This time around I stuffed half of the dough with pesto and the other half with cheese.

Both were delicious but my favorite was the cheese version because the cheese gets a little burnt.

We had this with canned sardines which I always jazz up with some sliced garlic then put it under the broiler/in the fish grill.

I timed it so that the bread would come out just as we are about to eat.

So good!

14 comments:

Barbara said...

I never thought to broil canned sardines & the added garlic. Genius!
Thanks for the idea!

Kentucky Lady said...

Just a quick question... why is it the only time yeast will proof?

Anonymous said...

would you mind posting the recipe for your pizza dough? I tried looking and couldn't find.
caprese pizza sounds good, even better with pesto drizzle.
v

K and S said...

Kentucky Lady, for me summer is the only time it is warm enough for yeast to proof, all the other times of the year it is too cool.

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

I’ll send you the instructions V:)

Take care.
Kat

K and S said...

Barbara, so do this with other canned fish too like the ones with kabayaki sauce, hope you enjoy this:)

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

meant to say “I” not “so” and the ones with kabayaki sauce I do not add garlic:)

jenny said...

Oh my gosh, this sounds divine. Can you share the recipe with me too? And I love sardines!! And Hawaii must be prime for yeast and baking huh?

K and S said...

Will message you on IG Jenny:)

Take care!
Kat

Rowena said...

I count my blessings; it's not that hot over here, but when I leave sourdough out on the counter to bulk up overnight, by morning that thing is bursting at the seams!

K and S said...

Rowena this morning at 5:00 am it was 29C & super humid…blah!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Looks so good!

K and S said...

It was Jalna:)

Take care.
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat!