Tuesday, August 24, 2021

tako pesto salad

I was able to gather most of the ingredients for this copycat salad that I tried from 7-eleven.

If I am not mistaken 7-eleven sells this as a pupu (appetizer) rather than as a salad.

I don’t have exact measurements so just ad-lib if you do try it.

1 tako leg, boiled, cut into bite sized pieces

1/2 small head broccoli, steamed, cut into bite sized pieces

2 small potatoes, peeled and boiled, cut into eighths

handful of edamame, cooked then shelled

2 or 3 tablespoons pesto (basil, mac nuts, oil, parmesan cheese)

After everything is cooled

Gently mix everything together with pesto

NOTES: so easy and tasty! makes about 2 servings

The original dish has celery in it but I couldn’t find any at the market, so I left it out.

Most markets sell tako legs already boiled in the seafood section, so this was easy for me to put together.

When I made my pesto, I made a small batch (2 or 3 tablespoons) using a handful of basil leaves, small handful of toasted mac nuts and a small clove of garlic.

I put everything into a food processor and drizzled in some oil.

Then before mixing it with the tako and other ingredients I added 1 teaspoon of grated parmesan cheese.

Try to make this ahead so everything can meld while it is chilling in the fridge.

I served this on butter lettuce 

If I have all the ingredients together I would definitely make this again.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

i gotta try this!
I have a jar of pesto in the freezer so even easier!
v

K and S said...

hope you like this V!

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

Ho, that looks good!

jenny said...

This looks great! Been craving tako lately so this is a great recipe to try! Thanks!!

K and S said...

Thanks Jalna.

Take care!
Kat

K and S said...

Hope you like this Jenny!

Take care:)
Kat

KirkK said...

Looks good Kat!

K and S said...

Thanks Kirk:)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I gotta try this one....it looks beautiful, delicious, and perfect for hot weather dining.

K and S said...

Super easy Rowena I hope you like this.

Take care!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I got all the ingredients! FYI, only Nijiya has tako from Japan. Don Quijote's is from CHINA!!! Of course, Nijiya's is twice as expensive but, OK, I'll pay. LOL
v

K and S said...

V, I think most of the tako in Japan is imported from Morocco or something like that!

Take care:)
Kat