Monday, March 21, 2022

jimmy's

Jimmy's is a chain type bakery in Okinawa, I've never actually been to one when we visited Okinawa, but think it may be similar to Zippy's or King's Bakery.

I think they also have restaurants around Okinawa too.

Apparently they have been in business since 1956 and the owner used to work on the American bases in Okinawa and people used to call him "Jimmy".

He also apparently went to Hawaii to learn how to bake cakes.

I recently found their muffins at the market, so I picked up their banana nut and chocolate chip for us to try.

They are "larger" than the muffins that you find around Japan, so in essence you could say they are "American sized" (though I think the muffins you find in America are probably larger)

These were super moist, buttery and delicious.

On their website they note that they also have purple sweet potato muffins, which I would like to try.

I'm glad we tried them and would pick them up again. 

3 comments:

jalna said...

Ho, looks so good!

KirkK said...

Ooooh those purple Okinawan sweet potatoes! The Missus loves them!

K and S said...

it really was Jalna :)

Kirk, rare to find purple sweet potatoes on mainland Japan but I love them too.

Take care you two.
Kat