Friday, March 04, 2022

this and that

Didn't know that MOS Burger had a food truck.

Apparently they created one to celebrate their 50th and it is parked nearby.

Hope to check it out.

Omma Foods' kalbi bibimbap...delicious!

618 yen (tax included)...will be back to check out their cold noodles.

The other morning....I had honey that was solidified at the bottom of its plastic bottle...so I warmed it up.

Little did I know that the honey combined with the heat would make the honey splat out when I squeezed the bottle...gah!

I was watching a program and apparently in areas of Europe, they use the sugar coating that falls off from the stollen after it is cut to sweeten their tea.

So I gathered the sugar and other bits that were leftover after cutting the different stollen we enjoyed into a bottle.

And since I had carrot cake on my mind, I combined it with some blood orange peel, and shredded carrots and made some muffins.

We tasted them for breakfast today....I could have added more spices to make it closer to carrot cake, at least it was tastier than the carrot cake I had from that cafe the other week and it was a good way to use up the stollen leftover sugar and bits.
Last night was Hinamatsuri...Girl's Day.

We bought a platter of sashimi and I made sushi rice then topped the rice with the sashimi.

Dessert was strawberries.
Tokyo people....housewives "talking story" on every corner, for as far as you can see.

Seeing this yesterday, I had to take a photo...it made me hope for peace everywhere.

Today is also 1 year since MIL passed...we miss you.

Have a safe weekend.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

shrimp burger from Mos!
that bibimbap would have cost over $10 here!
LOL I just try to scrape up the crumbs and sugar from the stollen and sprinkle it back on my piece. Would be good on oatmeal too I bet.
v

jalna said...

Your muffin looks good!

K and S said...

V, you and Satoshi like that burger:)

Thanks Jalna:)

Take care you two.
Kat

KirkK said...

That bi bim bap sure was a bargain Kat!

K and S said...

it really was Kirk :)

Take care.
Kat