Wednesday, March 16, 2022

the trip back

For our trip back to Tokyo, we picked up some bento at the Kyoto station.

Satoshi's chirimen sansho bento.

My nori bento.

Loved my bento and gave some to Satoshi, he said the rice in my bento was tastier than his because it had “stuff” mixed in.

I looked at who made both of our bentos and it was the same company in Kyoto, Nomura Tsukudani.

It rained the night before and luckily it stopped when we made our way to the train station.

It was cloudy at the start of our ride but we were lucky to see Mount Fuji.

Enjoy this short video. 

Hoping we can all travel soon.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

uuuu, i like that white stuff above the shrimp. tofu skin?
v

K and S said...

V, yeah I think that is yuba (tofu skin).

Take care.
kat

jalna said...

When I saw Fujisan from the Shinkansen for the first time, it gave me chicken skin.

KirkK said...

I noticed you didn't post the prices this time Kat! Trying to not make us feel as bad? ;o) Just kidding - we love the Ekiben stands in Japan.

K and S said...

Jalna, Fujisan is so awesome yeah?!

Kirk, each bento was 930 yen (tax included) :)

Take care you two!
Kat