Friday, March 25, 2022

this and that

(photo...1957 Cadillac) Sunday, Tokyo's sakura was declared "in season"...if you remember, the weather dude looks at a certain tree in a designated area and if he sees 5 flowers blooming, he declares the sakura season to begin.

In Osaka, the tree was located near Osaka Castle.  In Tokyo, the tree is located near Yasukuni Shrine.

(photo...tiny Nissan pickup) Tuesday, Mother Nature decided to "fling" us back into Winter with a cold snap…it was raining and at times snowing.

On top of that, since the power plant run by Tokyo Electric needs to recover from that krazy earthquake the other day, Tokyo as well as 7 other prefectures were asked by Tokyo Electric to conserve electricity.

akabanamitsumata (edgeworthia chrysantha)
tsubaki (camellia)
Tried Ookoshi's daigaku imo...hint of dashi (stock)

Not overly sweet..delicious.

Teriyaki chicken sandwich from Sakaeya Bakery

Learned that these are disc fish.

Was in awe that these are in the waiting room of a dentist that we passed by.
Gadget we have to "fluff" up our futon (comforters) has an attachment to dry shoes...

For all the good left in the world, hoping Ukraine will prevail and the war ends soon.

Have a safe weekend.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

were you able to smell that akabana? I read it has a strong smell like a spicy gardenia (???)

futon fluffer...LOL

My dad used to have a datsun truck, before they became Nissan here. It was stolen from the shopping center when my sister took it to work at Liberty House. Got it back with the cab folded over to the dashboard because the guys who stole it was joyriding through the pineapple fields and went through a wire cable closing the road. I guess lucky he wasn't decapitated.
We also had Datsun 280Z. I vaguely remember when you told me about only exported Nissan were called Datsun
v

K and S said...

If I see it again, will try to smell it,V

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

I had a Datsun 510. I couldn't remember what kind of Datsun and had to ask Wendell. My futon could use some fluffing.

K and S said...

Jalna, my dad had a Datsun too, wondering what model it was…hmm

take care!
Kat