Wednesday, August 24, 2022

the reno

Our building is old (40 years?!) so the leasing company & owner decided to clean and paint as well as do other repairs.

So, Monday started the FOUR MONTH renovation.
As you can see, it needs a lot of cleaning and painting.
Since the pandemic is still here, we were not able to gather to hear what kinds of things they will be doing over the next four months, instead they gave us a "manual" to show us what will be done.

We might have to remove our TV antenna, which means, we will not have any cable reception for FOUR MONTHS!

If we do need to take the antenna down, I hope the owner will pay for the removal of the antenna...though I am looking forward to subscribing to Amazon Video to watch the last 3 seasons of "This is Us".

And I will have to bring in the plants/planters that are on lanai.

AND there is a day when "someone" (me) needs to be home while they paint our door jam, apparently the door needs to stay open for 4 hours to dry...

The scaffolding will go up soon...

Hopefully everything will go smoothly.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

wow, what a nightmare! Would your antennae work if propped on a chair in the house?
I don't think I could last 4 months without cable, but what about streaming on your phone or computer?
v

K and S said...

it is actually kind of big, V, but I was thinking it might be okay propped up inside our apartment, though I don't know when we need to remove it.

Take care.
Kat

jalna said...

It'll be your "new norm" for awhile.

K and S said...

sigh Jalna, guess it might be.

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

four months w/o cable is going to be agonizing. I can't imagine missing out on all my netflix/prime video favorites - no way!

KirkK said...

Whoa 4 months! That's crazy Kat! Hope it really doesn't take that long.

K and S said...

hoping we won't have to take down the antenna at all Rowena...

indeed Kirk!

take care you two.
Kat