Tuesday, August 23, 2022

wassa

I can't remember how I learned about the fruit variety called "wassa"

Apparently “wassa” is the nickname of  the man who first grew the hybrid, a cross between a peach and nectarine.

Apparently Wassa is quite rare outside of Nagano Prefecture (where it is grown), so I was happy to find it at the market.

The outer "skin" comes off quite easily like the peaches here in Japan.

The flesh is a little firm like a nectarine and also a little sweet like Japanese peaches.

I'm glad we got to try these.

4 comments:

Rowena said...

I'm thinking those just might be good in a baked pie.

jalna said...

I love peaches, but the ones here are usually not that good.

Anonymous said...

I totally envy you being able to eat and try so many fresh fruits!
v

K and S said...

I think I read something where it was good for tartes, Rowena

Jalna, we had some pretty good ones from H Mart when I was in Hawaii.

V, the fruits are definitely delicious here.

Take care everyone.
kat