Friday, August 19, 2022

this and that

Last Friday, I had this doughnut spicy chicken sandwich for lunch.

Wish they had used a malasada (no hole) instead.

Sweet, spicy & savory...delicious.

I told you we had a typhoon over the weekend, well, we brought in all the plants
as well as the tiny trash can and basket of tools we have on the lanai.

I guess you could say we are also "practicing" for when they start our 4 MONTH renovation on our apartment building in a few weeks...eek!

Tuesday night's moon was eery, red and HUGE!

Since Satoshi has mild asthma, he is eligible for the 4th vaccine...he applied for the "ticket" so that he can receive it, the ticket should come in the mail in a couple of days then he can make an appointment with his doctor.

Me, I don't meet any of the government's requirements, even though it has been over 5 months since my last vaccine, I need to wait...sigh

This is the fourth year that the Ota Fireworks has been cancelled...2019 was cancelled due to rain, 2020, 2021 & 2022...well, you know.

I hope next year we'll be able to enjoy the fireworks from our lanai, like I was able to back in 2018.

It is the end of Obon here, since we aren't able to get back to Kyoto this year, I thought it was kind of neat how MIL made her presence known to us.

I was about to write something down and noticed this scribbled on a page in the middle of the notepad.

Written by MIL...some things that her late father apparently had said.

"Money cannot buy grace" and "Don't cry in public"

Tokyo's case numbers are slowly going down but the medical system and hospitals are overflowing all over Japan

The numbers in Tokyo will probably go up again soon as everyone (except us) was out and about during Obon.

Have a safe weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

my cyclamens have looked like yours for past couple years. I keep watering it hoping it will revive one day. I( think it's DEAD!

Past several days here have been brutal, heat and humidity. Ugh.
V

K and S said...

When September 1 rolls around V, I will water the cyclamen, and hopefully it will produce its leaves.

Take care!
Kat

jalna said...

I love the hand-written note.

K and S said...

Jalna, me too :)

Take care.
Kat

Rowena said...

I was touched by that note from MIL.....how true!

K and S said...

I'm glad we found it Rowena :)

Take care.
kat