Tuesday, October 18, 2022

revamp

Revamped this hakusai kaki amazu-ae

I sliced several leaves of hakusai (chinese cabbage), and some red onion, and then put 1 teaspoon of salt and let it sit for about 3 minutes.

After the 3 minutes, I squeezed out the water.
Peeled and cut up 1/2 a persimmon.

Then added 2 tablespoons of this Kewpie lemon dressing.

If you cannot get this dressing where you are, use your favorite vinaigrette.

Mix well and chill.

We usually eat this amount up in one sitting.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

I'm seeing kaki here but about $4/#! This morning I ran over to Chinatown to get somethng and one vendor had $3.99, another had $3.49 and one $2.99. I wanted to buy but I was late for a meeting. Maybe tomorrow!
v

jenny said...

Simple yet so delicious. I appreciate recipes like these, thanks for sharing!!!

K and S said...

aiyah V, expensive! here it is 100 yen for 1 for the seedless one...

Jenny, you can always change the fruit if you cannot get kaki :)

Take care you two.
Kat

Rowena said...

oooh, this sounds delicious. I'll have to give it a try.

KirkK said...

The Missus has been into salads using Japanese dressings lately Kat. Been getting those where the first ingredient isn't canola oil or synthetic flavors. It's been harder than I thought!

K and S said...

hope you like it Rowena :)

Kirk, wow, that sounds rough!

Take care you two!
Kat