Friday, October 14, 2022

this and that

Remember that Korean garlic bread with sweet cream cheese in it? it is apparently called Manuru bread. 

I found out many bakeries in Japan now make this so will be on the look out to try.

Worried about my cyclamen plant...this is what it looks like since it has to stay indoors.

This is what it should look like when it can stay outdoors.

Hopefully the renovations especially on the lanai will be over soon, so I can save my plants...

Saw this combination on an IG friend's feed...

Take the seed out of a date, put some peanut butter and peanuts into it.

I took the seed out of a date and put crunchy peanut butter into it...like candy! only need to eat one.

Saw this on the floor the other morning, thinking "food" had fallen on the floor.

I picked it up and it was soft...and when I looked at it closely....

A squished worm! Luckily it was too early in the morning to scream...ack!

With the leftover cheese sauce I spread it onto slices of bread, topped it with onions and maitake, sprinkled a little more cheese then toasted it for our breakfast.

Delicious. Satoshi said it tasted like Autumn.
First time trying cheese dak-galbi...Dak is the Korean word for chicken, galbi is the word for rib.

There aren't any ribs in this but I liked the combination.

Kochujang sauce, cheese, chicken and veggies over rice.

It's been awhile since we had Neko neko bread...this is their Halloween version...purple sweet potato dough with dried cranberries marbled with dark cocoa dough with chocolate chips...delicious toasted then slathered with cream cheese.

Tokyo People...this man walking his teeny toy poodle...so cute!

This week Japan opened up to the world...masks are still requested to be worn.

Bummer the main government just threw their “go to” discount travel program at the local governments, so everyone is scrambling to get discounts

Also, since local governments need to "fend for themselves" and make their own "rules" regarding travel, depending on the prefecture you visit, the "rules" to receive discounts for travel will be different...47 prefectures 47 different rules = chaos

Hopefully the daily case numbers in Japan will not get too krazy over the next couple of weeks

Have a safe weekend.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

but, aren't those shoots growing? Maybe you'll have a later blooming season.
I'm dying to try that date thing. Funny, I have dates but no peanut butter.
I don't think I could have stifled a scream knowing I picked up a squished worm. YUCK!! I did tell you the story of how I stepped on a chow fun noodle in the kitchen before I remembered we didn't eat chow fun and saw it was a squished gecko. My neighbor actually came over with a baseball bat to make sure I was okay because I screamed so loud. Hazukashii
I hope that discount thing for Japanese is over by Thanksgiving because I'm COMING!!! Don't want to be crowded out, LOL. Hopefully those people from across the Japan Sea still cannot come (hehehe)
v

Anonymous said...

Oh, your poor plant! Is there someone you can “hanai” (Hawaiian word for fostering) your plant to?

jalna said...

That worm actually looks like a caterpillar. Kinda pretty pink color. V's story is so funny.

KirkK said...

Poor plant...at first glance I thought the worm was a nigiri! ;o) We're excited about Japan opening back up!

Rowena said...

is there any way to place the cyclamen next to a bathroom window or other window?

K and S said...

V, the cyclamen should have only leaves at this point, not shoots :(

Sorry Anon, I wish I could bring them to someone's house

Jalna, you are right it does look like a caterpillar.

lol Kirk :)

with the netting from the scaffolding there is literally no sunlight anywhere in our apartment Rowena :(

Take care everyone!
Kat